What is Astym?
Astym (A’-stim) stands for “a stimulation” of the body’s healing response, which results in the remodeling/resorption of scar tissue and the regeneration of degenerated tendons. The approach is a non-invasive therapy that works fast and consistently…no medications, no needles, no surgery.
Developed by a research team of physicians, physical therapists, and scientists, this protocol-driven system yields long-term results with short-term therapy, even when other treatments have failed. Only Astym-certified clinicians may perform the Astym treatment.
Commonly Treated Conditions
The following are some of the many diagnoses that demonstrate excellent clinical results when treated with the Astym system:
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Ankle sprain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- DeQuervain’s tenosynovitis
- Golfer’s elbow (medial epicondylosis)
- Groin sprain/strain
- Hamstring strain
- Impingement/tendinopathy of the rotator cuff
- IT band syndrome
- Joint contractures
- Jumper’s knee (patellar tendinopathy)
- Overuse injuries
- Pain or loss of motion following surgery or trauma
- Plantar fasciopathy/heel spurs
- Scar tissue/adhesions
- Shin splints
- Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylosis)
- Thumb/finger sprain
- Wrist sprain