Erin Downey, PT, DPT, CAFS, CIDN, CCRT
Hi, I’m Erin. After graduating from Montana State University in 2004 with my Bachelor of Science, I went on to complete my Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Idaho State University in 2007. Upon graduation, I took a position at St. John’s Medical Center as the lead inpatient therapist. After 5 years, I moved to the outpatient setting where I found a my love of orthopedics and sports physical therapy. I enjoy working with athletes of all ability in helping you to return to the sports you love.
I have continued education and experience with:
- Sacroiliac (SI) joint dysfunction
- Hip labral repairs
- ACL post op rehabilitation
- Conservative and post op ankle rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation of the triathlete
- Traumatic injuries and fracture care
- Stroke and Brain Injury rehabilitation
- Taping strategies to improve biomechanics
My specialties include:
- Certified in Applied Functional Science® (CAFS) through Grays Institute
- Integrative Systematic Dry Needling: Certified in Dry Needling: CIDN certified with 7+ years experience
- Rehabilitative Pilates: BASI® trained
- Stroke and Brain Injury Rehabilitation: Neuro-IFRAH® trained
Since arriving in Jackson, I have enjoyed the outdoor mountain lifestyle through downhill skiing, Nordic skiing, and mountain biking. I also enjoy the challenge of high altitude organic gardening.
Fun fact about me: I am also a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Therapist (CCRT) and own Lucky Dog Rehabilitation here in the valley.
A physical therapy thought: Pelvic Stabilization. Without stable hips, it is hard to maintain balance and execute more complex movements for daily activities or advanced athletics.