Erin Downey, PT, DPT, CCRT
Hi, I’m Erin Downey. After graduating from Montana State University in 2004 with my Bachelor of Science, I went on to complete my Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Idaho State University in 2007. Following school, I took a position at St. John’s Medical Center as the lead inpatient therapist. After 5 years, I moved to the outpatient setting where I found a my love of orthopedics and sports physical therapy.
I have continued education and experience with:
- Hip labral repairs
- Sacroiliac (SI) joint dysfunction
- Rehabilitation of the triathlete
- Running gait analysis
- Overuse syndromes such as tendonopathies
- Total joint replacements
- Traumatic injuries and fracture care
- Shoulder rehabilitaiton
My specialties include:
- Integrative Systematic Dry Needling: Certified in Dry Needling: CIDN certified with 5+ years experience
- Pilates: BASI trained
- Stroke and Brain Injury Rehabilitation: Neuro-IFRAH® trained
Focusing on lumbopelvic stabilization with Pilates rehabilitation
Since arriving in Jackson, I have enjoyed the outdoor mountain lifestyle through downhill skiing, nordic skiing, and mountain biking. I enjoy participating in triathalons as well the challenge of high altitude organic gardening.
Fun fact about me: I am also a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Therapist (CCRT) and own Lucky Dog Rehabilitation here in the valley.
My personal PT tip: hip stabilization. “Without stable hips, it is hard to maintain balance and execute more complex movements for daily activities or advanced athletics.”