Erin Downey, PT, DPT, CAFS, CIDN, CCRT
Erin graduated from Montana State University in 2004 with a Bachelor of Science in Health and Human Development. Erin went on to complete her Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Idaho State University in 2007. Upon graduation, she took a position at St. John’s Medical Center as the lead inpatient therapist. After 5 years, Erin moved to the outpatient setting where she found a love of orthopedics and sports physical therapy. She enjoy working with athletes of all ability to help you return to the sports you love.
I have continued education and experience with:
- Sacroiliac (SI) joint dysfunction
- Pre and Post op ACL rehabilitation
- Conservative and post op ankle rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation of the triathlete
- Rehabilitation of the nordic skier
- Stroke and Brain Injury rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation of the golfer
My specialties include:
- Certified in Applied Functional Science® (CAFS) through Grays Institute
- Integrative Systematic Dry Needling: Certified in Dry Needling: CIDN certified with 8+ years experience
- Rehabilitative Pilates: Body Arts and Science International (BASI®) trained
- Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Certified: Medical Levels 1 and 2
- Stroke and Brain Injury Rehabilitation: Neuro-IFRAH® trained
Since arriving in Jackson, I have enjoyed the outdoor mountain lifestyle through downhill skiing, Nordic skiing, and mountain biking. I also enjoy the challenge of high altitude organic gardening.
Fun fact about me: I am also a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Therapist (CCRT) and own Lucky Dog Rehabilitation, LLC here in the valley.
A physical therapy thought: Pelvic Stabilization. Without stable hips, it is hard to maintain balance and execute more complex movements for daily activities or advanced athletics.