Manual therapy is very effective with all types of injury or dysfunction
Manual therapy is literally “hands-on” physical therapy and is used to:
- Treat musculoskeletal pain and disability
- Improve range of motion
- Reduce soft tissue inflammation
- Facilitate movement and improve function
These treatments include:
- Soft tissue mobilization/massage
- Joint mobilization and manipulation
- Mobilization of neural tissues with nerve glides
For many chronic pain patients manual therapy skills may be the best or only way to break the pattern of dysfunction, decrease pain and improve function.
At Excel Physical Therapy, you can expect some form of manual therapy to occur during your course of treatment with us.